Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you.
This policy is intended to help you understand:
- Who we are, our official role and our legal basis for processing;
- What data we collect and how we use it;
- How we collect the data;
- How we share the data we collect;
- How we secure your data;
- How you can access and control your data;
- What happens if we change our policy.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Edspace (“we”, “us”, “our”, “EDSPACE”) and operate under the name of EDSPACE.
We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our users. If you have any questions about how we process personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us.
Companies and persons pay Edspace to provide them with a service that allows them to work in a physical space and/or be part of an online community membership.
Your company is the “Data Controller”; they determine the purposes and means of processing your personal data. We are the “Data Processor”; responsible for processing personal data on behalf of the controller.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data:
We have the following legal bases for processing your data:
● Legitimate interest: when we collect your data that you provide to us through our website, we are fulfilling your legitimate interest of receiving access materials and finding out more about our product. When we process your data to provide our service, we are fulfilling your legitimate interest to provide you or your company with the space necessary for growth .
● Contractual: we are in a contractual agreement with your company to deliver a service to them and we need to process the data listed above in order to deliver that service.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Information you provide to us through our website:
As a visitor to our website, you may provide us with:
● Your full name;
● Your email address
● Your phone number.
We use this information to:
● Distribute invoices when applicable,
● Contact you to send you more information and marketing about our product;
● Organise follow-up calls;
● Troubleshoot issues and answer questions related to the website and our product.
We use this data to:
● Deliver our service to you as requested
● Improve our service based on your feedback in completed surveys.
● Communicate about updates and changes to our services.
If you or a member of your company purchases an Edspace membership either virtual or physical, we will store:
● The name and address if your company;
● Your name and email address.
We use this information to:
● Communicate about updates and changes to our services;
● Charge you for our service.
Information we collect automatically when you use our service:
We collect the following data:
● Your behaviours when you visit our website.
For example we track where you click and how long you spend on our site.
This data is not linked to any other piece of data and cannot be used to identify
you as an individual.
● Your behaviours and preferences when you use our website.
For example, we track how many times you visit our service per week and which of our resources you interact with.
We use this information to:
● Analyse and improve the service that we provide to you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT THE DATA?
As a member, you give us data about yourself and company directly into our desktop
and mobile sites. As a visitor to our website, you enter your data directly to our website. If your membership has been provided by your employer, we retain access to the information they provide about you and your company.
Sharing with third parties:
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate,
customize, support and market our service:
● Organisations which support the operation of our service are as follows:
Zendesk, Stripe, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Google Suite, Slack, Trello, Plivo, Linode, Dropbox, SquareSpace, Hotjar, Eventbrite, Physical filing systems, printed attendee lists.
If you have any questions about how we use these organisations as sub-processors of your data, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or writing to us.
We will not share your data with any other third parties unless you give us explicit permission to do so, or unless we are required to by law or court order.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR DATA?
Information storage and security. We use data hosting service providers in the Singapore to host the data we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data.
We carry out assurance on the organisations we use as data sub-processors that are hosted in the United States. These organisations hold either the Idnian Privacy Shield or model contract clauses that state that Indian companies can use them with assurance that they store data in a secure way. We have rigorous patching policies that ensure our machines, systems and servers are always secured by up-to-date protection. All of our staff receive regular training in data protection best practice.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION?
We do not keep personal your data longer than necessary. We have strict data retention policies that are updated regularly. When your data is no longer required, we delete it safely and securely.
IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG
In the case of a breach of our own systems or the systems of one of our sub-processors that could compromise your data, we will notify your educational setting straight away. We will work to secure your data as quickly as we can.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR DATA?
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. In order to do any of these things, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us.
Accessing, amending or deleting data:
You can also contact us directly through the details above to amend or correct your data. The process of deletion is gradual: initially deleted data is moved to a ‘deleted’ area in case it was deleted in error. After a delay, it is then permanently deleted from our main systems.
You can request to know what data we hold on you by contacting us through the details above. We will respond in line with the timelines set by the General Data Protection Regulation. You can request that we delete all data that we hold on you.
Changes to this policy: